Solar Panel Installation Los Angeles: Sunpro Solar, Trusted Solar Panel Company
Since 2008, Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #5 for 2020 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same. Why choose Sunpro Solar for your solar company in Los Angeles? Here are a few of the things that set us apart:
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Why Go Solar in Los Angeles?
It’s always sunny in LA, so why not put the sun to work for you? Switching to solar electricity in Los Angeles can help you reduce those soaring monthly energy bills. We know the price of living in LA is high, but you can offset the cost if you own your home by getting solar panels installed on your roof.
Did you know Los Angeles was ranked #1 city for solar energy? That’s right, “in the recently published Environment America Research & Policy Center’s Shining Cities 2020: The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy report, which covers the year 2019, Los Angeles ranked number one out of 57 cities surveyed in total installed solar capacity for the third consecutive year.” (LADWP news) This makes L.A. the number one city for solar power six of the past seven years.
There are plenty of reasons for going solar in Los Angeles. Let’s take a look at the top ones.
6 Reasons you should invest in solar panels in Los Angeles
- Soaring electricity prices. California energy prices are around 29% higher than the national average, and they’re on the rise. In comparison to the rest of the nation, the change in California electric prices over the years soared well above the rest of the nation.
- Protection from outages. California has the most amount of blackouts in the nation, clocking in over 4,000 in the last decade, and counting. Between routine maintenance and potential natural disasters, power outages are an increasing issue in California. Having a solar system for your home, along with a solar battery like the Tesla Powerwall, your home is protected from outages.
- Solar is trending. Solar panels are now mandatory on every new home built in California. Don’t be left in the dark when everyone else on your block is harnessing the power of the sun, especially during all those blackouts.
- Clean up your environment. Renewable energy is good for the environment: it produces no waste in the air, oceans and land like fossil fuels. California is one of the most progressive states in the nation for renewable energy policies, and ranks second only after Washington for installed renewable energy capacity.
- Advanced technology. As with any other technology, the more it develops, the more affordable it becomes. The solar technology field has made huge advancements over the last few decades making it more reliable, affordable and more appealing than ever. Whether it’s the new sleek black LG panels, or the Tesla Powerwall battery, you’ll be satisfied with your purchase. Choosing a solar installer (like Sunpro) who only uses the latest technology with the most reputable brands (LG and Tesla) will give you peace of mind in your investment. Plus puts the power in your hands with advanced app monitoring technologies.
- Solar incentives. Want to fire your electric company? California has state-wide solar programs that make the investment of going solar worthwhile. Take advantage of local utility rebates, the 26% federal tax credit and net metering: a program that allows you to sell back your unused energy to the utility company.
Are solar panels worth it in California?
Why is California a great place to switch to solar energy? First let’s start the current state of solar energy in California. As of 2020:
- California is the nation’s leader when it comes to solar power.
- California has the largest number of solar installs in the nation (over 1 million).
- California ranks 1st in the nation in terms of total installed solar capacity at 28,471 MW.
- California has the highest percentage of electricity generated from solar (over 22%).
- California is first in the national growth projection of solar energy (SEIA.org).
- California is also the nation leader in blackouts, with over 4,297 blackouts within the last decade. (2018 Eaton’s Blackout Tracker research)
Average Cost of Solar Panels in Los Angeles
Alright, so your next burning question is how much it costs to go solar in Los Angeles county.
The answer is that it’s not a one-solution-fits-all type of thing.
The cost of solar in your area depends on a lot of factors besides the sticker price of the unit (size of home, energy needs, etc.). To best understand the sticker price, these factors should be discussed with a qualified Solar Sales Specialist who can offer you an appropriate quote for your particular situation.
Wth rising energy prices in California, your solar PV system will pay off itself at some point and then will start making you money, due to a state-wide program called net metering (NEM) in which you sell back your unused energy to the utility company.
Take back control of your home’s energy and find out how much solar panels would cost for you.Start Saving Today
Solar Panel Incentives Los Angeles
The best incentive for going solar is the federal solar tax credit, which is 26% through 2022. If you’re wondering about local state incentives, here is a chart that breaks it down.
The other incentives that make solar a good investment are: state-wide net metering, property tax exemptions, and an increase in your home’s value.
California Net Metering (NEM) for Los Angeles County
While Los Angeles county doesn’t have its own solar rebate program, the utility companies participate in the state-wide program of net metering.
NEM 2.0 is California’s generous net metering program, which is part of the reason you’ll start to see the investment in your solar panel purchase This was put in place in 2016 by the California Public Utility Commission.
It works like this: for every kilowatt-hour (kWh) of solar electricity you feed into your utility company’s grid, you get a bill credit for one kWh of utility-generated electricity. This means that with the right size solar system, you can drastically reduce, zero out, or come out with a negative electricity bill each month.
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The best solar incentive is the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offered by the United States federal government. This federal tax credit is available to California home and business owners and offers a generous 26% credit of the entire solar system cost, including a battery system.
To take advantage of this federal income tax credit, you need to have your solar system installed by the end of 2022. From 2023 onward, the tax credit will drop to 22% and then disappear in 2024.
Solar Panels and the Value of Your Home in Southern California
Not only do solar panels save you money, they also add value to your home.
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. Translation: for every $100 saved on your bill = $2,000 additional value to your home. (According to a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory.)
Solar panels help your home sell for more.
Another study (Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory) showed that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
And, help your home sell faster.
In addition, solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.
Property Tax Exemption for Solar Panels in CA
Good news, Californians: solar panels are completely property tax exempt in the state of California. That means that, unlike some other states, you can add solar panels to your home and get all the benefits without having to pay additional property taxes.
Under the Property Tax Exclusion for solar Energy Systems, 100% of the assessed value of the solar system is exempt from the homeowner’s property taxes.
Solar Batteries and Protection from Outages in California
With the issues of climate change causing more wildfires and natural disasters in California, you may be looking for peace of mind when it comes to outages. It makes sense that residents of California (the Blackout Queen) might be on the hunt for alternatives to their utility’s power grid. The answer is a solar panel system with a solar battery backup like the Tesla Powerwall.
There is even more good news for California when it comes to solar battery storage. Unlike in most other states, California offers a generous incentive for adding a battery to your solar system.
If you live in California, you’ll want to take advantage of this generous incentive. Talk to a Solar Sales Specialist about your options.Free Tesla Powerwall Quote
Los Angeles Solar Installation
Choosing the right solar installation company in LA will make your transition to solar electricity smooth. This includes making sure they have all the licenses and they are backed up by warranties to secure your investment for years to come. Here are a few pointers.
How Do I Choose A Solar Company in Los Angeles?
Choosing a solar contractor for your area can be intimidating, so here are the most important points to remember during your search for a solar panel company.
- Expertise: Your solar installer should have expertise in the solar industry. A company with expertise means they’ve established for more than a few years and have thousands of installations under their belt. Another thing to be on the lookout for is if the solar company has roofing experience. It’s good to know the company handling your solar installation for your house’s roof knows their way around roofs.
- Inhouse team: Many solar companies subcontract their installation employees. Solar companies who use in house installers are much more reliable and experienced.
- Credentials: A reputable solar installation company will have all of the necessary licenses, insurance policies and credentials needed for all areas they operate in. They should be listed on their website and easy to find. A company with all credentials will meet all of the state standards and is certified as a legitimate business.
- Reputation: Reading solar company reviews is a great place to start. Keep an eye out for companies that respond to their customer reviews and respond in a professional and timely manner. Companies who care about their customers will be helpful and thankful to their customers. Another bonus is to look for a solar company that has won awards and been named in the top of their industry.
- Warranties: Warranties are a very important factor when considering solar installation companies. Many solar companies do not have reliable warranties. When buying an expensive system, you want to protect your investment with warranties and knowing you’re backed up by the company for years to come.
Solar Panel Quote for Los Angeles County
Los Angeles residents: if you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact a Solar Sales Specialist at Sunpro Solar. We install solar and roofs in Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free customized solar quote.Free Solar Quote
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Very satisfied with our system! We will be moving soon and wanted to increase the value of our rental with the solar system. We already have a Tesla car so being able to utilize the battery to charge our cars and reduce our bills even further was a huge plus! Everyone from the instal crew to the sales team were highly professional we would definitely recommend them.
– C. Barrs
December 31, 2020