Solar Panels in Temecula and Murrieta, California
If you live in Murrieta, Temecula, or surrounding areas, you may be wondering what the benefits of going solar are. You may have seen solar panels being installed on your neighbors’ houses, heard about the solar new build mandate, or just may be curious about the environmental benefits of solar energy for your home.
Here we break down some of the best reasons solar panels in Riverside county are a great investment.
Are solar panels worth it in California?
Why is California a great place to switch to solar energy? First let’s start the current state of solar energy in California. As of 2020:
- California is the nation’s leader when it comes to solar power.
- California has the largest number of solar installs in the nation (over 1 million).
- California ranks 1st in the nation in terms of total installed solar capacity at 28,471 MW.
- California has the highest percentage of electricity generated from solar (over 22%).
- California is first in the national growth projection of solar energy (SEIA.org).
- California is also the nation leader in blackouts, with over 4,297 blackouts within the last decade. (2018 Eaton’s Blackout Tracker research)
Top Reasons to Go Solar in Riverside County
It’s easy to justify the investment of going solar in California. Here are the top 7 reasons residents of California are choosing solar panels on their homes.
- Electricity prices. California energy prices are around 29% higher than the national average, with an upward trend over the last decade. In comparison to the rest of the nation, the change in California electric prices over the years soared well above the rest of the nation.
- Sunshine. California, on average, has plenty of year round sunshine that can be used to convert to energy. With around 275 days per year of sunny days, California is a prime location in the U.S. for installing solar panels.
- Blackouts. California has the most amount of blackouts in the nation, clocking in over 4,000 in the last decade, and climbing (Eaton).
- Solar mandate. As of 2020, solar is now mandatory on every new home built in California. Don’t be left in the dark when everyone else on your block is harnessing the power of the sun, especially during all those blackouts.
- Clean environment. Renewable energy is good for the environment: it produces no waste in the air, oceans and land like oil and gas. California is one of the most progressive states in the nation for renewable energy policies, and ranks second only after Washington for installed renewable energy capacity.
- Advanced technology. As with any other technology, the more it develops, the more affordable it becomes. The solar technology field has made huge advancements over the last few decades making it more reliable, affordable and more appealing than ever. Whether it’s the new sleek black LG panels, or the Tesla Powerwall battery, you’ll be satisfied with your purchase. Choosing a solar installer (like Sunpro) who only uses the latest technology with the most reputable brands (LG and Tesla) will give you peace of mind in your investment. Plus puts the power in your hands with advanced app monitoring technologies.
- Solar incentives. California has state-wide solar programs that make the investment of going solar worthwhile. Take advantage of local utility rebates, the 26% federal tax credit and net metering: a program that allows you to sell back your unused energy to the utility company. Make the utility company your customer and reduce or zero out your monthly electricity bill.
Solar Panel Cost Riverside CA
Now that you have all the reasons why going solar is so great, the next question you might have is how much it costs to go solar in Riverside county.
The cost of solar in your area depends on a lot of factors besides the sticker price of the unit (size of home, energy needs, etc.). To best understand the sticker price, these factors should be discussed with a qualified Solar Sales Specialist who can offer you an appropriate quote for your particular situation.
In addition, with rising energy prices in California, your solar system will pay off itself at some point and then will start making you money. This is because of a program called net metering (NEM) in which you sell back your unused energy to the utility company.
Riverside County Solar Incentives, Rebates and Tax Credits
The best incentive for going solar is the federal solar tax credit, which is 26% through 2022. If you’re wondering about local state incentives, here is a chart that breaks it down.
The other incentives that make solar a good investment are: state-wide net metering, property tax exemptions, and an increase in your home’s value.
California Net Metering (NEM) for Riverside County
If you’re wondering about Riverside public utilities solar rebates, you’re not alone. While Riverside county doesn’t have its own solar rebate program, the utility companies participate in the state-wide program of net metering.
NEM 2.0 is California’s generous net metering program, which is part of the reason you’ll start to see the investment in your solar panel purchase This was put in place in 2016 by the California Public Utility Commission.
It works like this: for every kilowatt-hour (kWh) of solar electricity you feed into your utility company’s grid, you get a bill credit for one kWh of utility-generated electricity. This means that with the right size solar system, you can drastically reduce, zero out, or come out with a negative electricity bill each month.
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The best solar incentive is the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offered by the United States federal government. This federal tax credit is available to California home and business owners and offers a generous 26% credit of the entire solar system cost, including a battery system.
To take advantage of this federal income tax credit, you need to have your solar system installed by the end of 2022. From 2023 onward, the tax credit will drop to 22% and then disappear in 2024.
Solar Panels and the Value of Your Home in California
Not only do solar panels save you money, they also add value to your home.
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. Translation: for every $100 saved on your bill = $2,000 additional value to your home. (According to a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory.)
Solar panels help your home sell for more.
Another study (Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory) showed that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
And, help your home sell faster.
In addition, solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.
Property Tax Exemption for Solar Panels in California
Good news, Californians: solar panels are completely property tax exempt in the state of California. That means that, unlike some other states, you can add solar panels to your home and get all the benefits without having to pay additional property taxes.
(Under the Property Tax Exclusion for solar Energy Systems, 100% of the assessed value of the solar system is exempt from the homeowner’s property taxes.)
Solar Batteries and Protection from Outages in California
With the issues of climate change causing more wildfires and natural disasters in California, you may be looking for peace of mind when it comes to blackouts. It makes sense that residents of California (the Blackout Queen) might be on the hunt for alternatives rather than reliance on their utility grid for power. The answer is a solar panel system with a solar battery backup like the Tesla Powerwall.
There is even more good news for California when it comes to solar batteries. Unlike in most other states, California offers a generous incentive for adding a battery to your solar system.
How do you take advantage of this incentive? Talk to a Solar Sales Specialist about your options.Free Tesla Powerwall Quote
How Do I Choose A Solar Company in Murrieta and Temecula?
Choosing a solar contractor for your area can be intimidating, so here are the most important points to remember during your search for a solar panel company.
- Make sure the company you’re choosing has warranties in place. Not only on the labor, but products as well. That way you know you and your investment are protected in the years to come.
- Read reviews about the company you’re choosing. While you’ll see a bad review here and there (just the nature of open reviews), make sure a large majority of the reviews aren’t negative and stating the same problems over and over. That’s a clear indicator of a company to stay clear of, no matter how well known their name is.
- Choose a reputable company that’s been in the game for awhile. Again, this way you are sure to protect your investment with a company that will continue to be there for you in the years to come.
Riverside Solar Installation: Sunpro Solar, Trusted Solar Company in Murrieta, Temecula and Surrounding Areas
Since 2008, Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #5 for 2020 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Solar Panel Quote for Riverside County
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact a Solar Sales Specialist at Sunpro Solar. We install solar and roofs in Riverside, Murrieta and surrounding areas. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free customized solar quote.Free Solar Quote
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Google Review – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
August 17, 2020 via Google
I went with Sunpro…. and couldn’t be happier, over the years Ive reviewed many solar companies, most are contractors that provide nothing but a manufacturer warranty and disappear after the sale. Sunpro was the 1st that covers it all themselves. All of my interactions with my rep were friendly and professional. I’ve even referred several friends to them as well And will continue to do so (hey at $1,000 per sold referral… cant beat that!!)
– SC Smith