Solar Panels Omaha
Oh, Omaha. Nestled up against the beautiful Missouri River, the city that’s the “Gateway to the West” is also the city that’s pioneering solar energy opportunities for homeowners in Omaha and all over Nebraska. People ask us, “Why solar? Why now?” To that, we respond with a question of our own. When was the last time the old electric grid worked in your favor? Outages, rising costs, lack of control — electricity that relies on fossil fuels falls short every time.
With a solar panel system installed over your rooftop, you’re providing your home with reliable, limitless solar energy. This means lower electric bills, reliability, and a reduced personal carbon footprint. Your personal home solar energy system will be high performance and long-lasting when you go with Sunpro Solar’s home solar rooftop systems. We custom design every solar panel system to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability to your home.
Cost of Solar Panels in Omaha
How much do solar panels cost in Omaha? The answer to this question depends on a few key factors ranging from your home’s energy consumption, sunlight exposure, solar equipment and installation, and available solar incentives. Fortunately, within the last decade, the cost of solar panels has fallen significantly thanks to advancements in solar technology and solar incentives.
While there is no one-size-fits-all solar price for every home, our solar specialists offer free, accurate solar estimates for every homeowner looking to go solar. We take into account your energy consumption, personal savings goals, and everything that is unique to your situation. We’ll even educate you on how your solar panel system will work and how you can take advantage of solar incentives to save money on your installation.
Does solar make sense in Nebraska?
- Decreasing Costs – As solar panels have become more popular, the costs related to going solar have dropped tremendously. There are solar options in Omaha that work for your budget — no matter the size. Sunpro sales specialists in Omaha are trained to find a plan that works for your needs (and doesn’t require a textbook to explain.)
- Tax Credits – If you install solar panels on your home in Omaha, the federal government has substantial tax credits for you. The credit is as high as 26% through 2022. In 2023 it will decrease to 22%, so now is the best time to switch to solar in Omaha.
- Solar Powered Battery Storage – With the abundant sunshine around Omaha, your solar panels will produce loads of power — at times more than your home needs. When that happens, solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall and Enphase Encharge, will store your solar power for extra use later on. Sun or no sun, you’ll always be well-supplied with your own, green energy.
- Improved Home Value – If you live in Omaha, installing solar panels on your rooftop can increase your home’s value. While your solar system works to reduce or eliminate your electric bill, you’ll see the value of your home continue to climb!
- Environmental Concerns – Omaha and surrounding areas of Nebraska have so many natural, beautiful features. It’s nice to know solar energy is here to preserve it and enrich it. As concerns about the environment and climate grow larger, solar energy gives you the chance to be a part of a green solution and self-sufficient at the same time.
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar energy is only getting more efficient and more resilient to the elements faced by the average American home in places like Omaha. The technology is improving to the point at which smaller rooftops with limited space are able to produce even more power in each square foot of solar paneling installed.
After reading the number of reasons to go solar, it’s no wonder homeowners like you are making the switch to solar power in Omaha. The best opportunities for turning solar into savings are yours for the taking. And while you’re enjoying all the rewards that come with energy independence, you can also rest assured knowing that your green, clean energy is doing its part to do right by the environment.Start Saving Today
Cost of Solar Panels in Omaha, NE
First, it’s no secret that solar panels can greatly reduce your monthly energy bills, especially when combined with solar battery storage. Second, you can reduce the initial cost of your solar energy system by more than a quarter thanks to a solar incentive offered to homeowners, which we will discuss further down. These two financial incentives can greatly justify the initial investment in a solar panel installation for your home.
If you would like a free solar estimate for your home, our solar specialists can break down the costs of a potential solar energy system in your home in detail. We’ll even explain how to take advantage of the financial incentives of a solar panel installation in Omaha. For now, let’s discuss how solar incentives can make your solar panels more affordable.
Omaha Nebraska Solar Incentives
There’s no question that solar panels are a big investment, but thanks to a few solar incentives offered in Nebraska, you can reduce the initial cost of your solar panel system while greatly reducing your monthly energy bills. If you own a home in Omaha, you can take advantage of the following solar incentives:
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The United States federal government offers a Solar Investment Tax Credit that’s available to businesses and homeowners in Omaha. With this incentive, you receive a 26% tax credit toward the entire cost of your solar system; including a battery system.
When you decide to go solar in Omaha, take advantage of the 26% tax credit through the end of 2022. The Solar Federal Tax Credit for homeowners with solar power will drop to 22% in 2023 before ending entirely for homeowners in 2024.
There’s no time to wait. Make the switch to solar with the best available tax credits. Increase the value of your home, reduce your electric bill and reduce your environmental footprint while you’re at it.
Net Metering for Solar in Omaha
Net metering adds another layer of benefits to a home solar system. Homeowners in Omaha with solar panels on their roofs can use net metering to earn money from the utility company. It works like this: when your solar panels produce excess electricity, you can sell it back to your utility company for credit on your bill. It could end up reducing your monthly bill to close to nothing. Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) is already on board with net metering in Omaha, so your home solar panels would be perfect for this incentive.
Sunpro Solar, Trusted Solar Company in Omaha
Sunpro Solar located on Stonegate Circle, Omaha, NE
Since 2008, Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service and was ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement if needed
Free Estimates on Solar Panel Installation Omaha, NE
If you’re ready to make the switch to solar panels, schedule an appointment with one of our solar experts. We’ll help you explore your solar options, discuss any incentives and potential saving opportunities, and answer any questions you may have. We install solar and roofs in Omaha, NE, and the surrounding areas of Douglas County. Contact us today for a free quote on your solar panel installations.Free Quote
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Just had panels installed and the work looks great and clean. Installers worked with me throughout the install. Still have great communication with the sales representative as well. Communication is great. I get emails and messages for any updates. Now just waiting for city inspection and meter swap. Can’t wait for the switch. Thank you SUNPRO!
– Steven R, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐