Sunpro Solar: Top Rated Solar Company in Ohio
Home solar power in Ohio has been dramatically expanding in the last few years and is expected to continue expanding thanks to a combination of federal, state, and local solar power incentives. Finding the right solar installer in Ohio may be overwhelming, but Sunpro Solar, a top rated solar company in the nation has you covered. Sunpro Solar has a reputation for providing quality service since 2008 and in 2021 Solar Power World ranked Sunpro Solar #2 for Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States.
Is it worth going solar in Ohio?
Ohio, the Buckeye State, is known as the birthplace of aviation and the home of the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. What else is making big headlines in Ohio? Solar Energy. That’s right, the massive expansion of home solar energy within the last couple of years shows how committed Ohio has become to its renewable energy goals. By 2027, Ohio is on track to produce 12.5 percent of its electricity from renewable resources. Don’t get left behind in the world of old fossil fuel energy when your neighbors are all switching to clean solar energy. Make the switch to clean energy while the incentives are still flourishing.
Let’s find out all the great reasons why people in your neighborhood, across the state of Ohio, and the rest of the world are switching to solar energy to power homes and businesses.
Quick Facts About Solar Energy in Ohio
Number Of Installations: 7,703
Growth Projection and Ranking: 2,349 MW over the next 5 years (ranks 12th)
Enough Solar Installed to Power: 60,456 homes
National Ranking: 18th in 2020
- Improved Home Value – A solar energy system does more than lower or eliminate your electric bill, it is also an asset that increases your home’s value as well as lowers the time your home is on the market.
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity over the last decade. The more efficient your panels are, the more solar power they can provide to your home. Couple this with a battery system and you’ll be on your way to replacing all your home’s energy with clean renewable solar energy.
- Tax Credits – The federal government gives out a significant tax credit for those who install solar panels to their home. Through the end of 2022 the rate is locked in at 26%.
- Decreasing Costs – The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly over the last ten years. Solar panels have fallen in price by more than 80% nationwide, and around 45% in Ohio in just the last five years.
- Solar Powered Battery Storage – If you’re concerned about power outages due to natural disasters, now is a great time to consider a solar battery backup. Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall or Enphase Encharge, will take any extra solar power your panels produce and store it for you to use later. So even when the sun goes down or your power goes out, your home can keep running on solar energy.
- Environmental Concerns – As concern about the environment grows, people are looking for ways to reduce their impact on their surroundings. You can decrease your carbon footprint while increasing self-sufficiency by installing solar panels on your home.
Do solar panels work in Ohio?
You might be wondering with all the cloudy days in Ohio if solar panels work in Ohio? The answer is yes! Although you should find out exactly how much sunlight your home gets with a Solar Specialist, the amount of sun – even through cloudy and snowy days- is typically plenty to make solar panels in Ohio worth it.
Want to know more about your particular situation?Free Solar Quote
Cost of solar panels in Ohio
The cost of solar in Ohio depends on a lot of factors including the equipment, size of your home, your energy needs, and your home energy goals. To best understand the cost of going solar, these factors should be discussed with a qualified Solar Sales Specialist who can offer you an appropriate quote for your particular situation.
To learn more about the cost of going solar read: Cost of Going Solar
The good news for Ohio residents is that you’re in a prime state for solar incentives that help to offset the initial price tag. Let’s go through some of the best incentives for going solar in the state of Ohio.
Ohio Solar Incentives
One of the main reasons it’s worth going solar in Ohio is because of the solar incentives available to Ohio homeowners. Here is a list of some of the top incentives available in your area, but make sure to talk to a Solar Sales Specialist to find out all the incentives available for your particular situation. You might be surprised to find out how easy it is to switch to clean solar power.
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The best incentive for going solar anywhere in the U.S. is offered by the federal government. The Solar Federal Tax Credit is a massive 26% of your entire solar system, including installation and solar battery. Going green in Ohio is easier than ever with this incentive. The federal government knows that renewable clean energy, like solar power, is the best way to power your Ohio home. Because of this, they’ve put the 26% Federal Solar Tax Credit into place to help people purchase and install solar panels. With this incentive, you can get up to 26% of the total cost of your Ohio solar panels back in tax credits. And if you don’t use all your tax credits that year, they just roll over to the next year.
However, this particular incentive will not be available forever. You can take advantage of the 26% tax credit through the end of 2022. The Solar Federal Tax Credit for homeowners will drop to 22% in 2023.
Ohio Net Metering
Another way that Ohio incentivizes solar power is via a statewide net metering policy. Net metering, simply put, means you’ll get a credit back for any energy your panels produce with the help of the sun but don’t use to power your home. This happens most often during the days’ peak sunlight hours, and this credit can be used for the energy you consume from the electric grid during the night.
Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs)
Solar Renewable Energy Certificates or SRECs are just another way the state of Ohio is rewarding their residents for choosing solar energy for their home energy needs. This is a program in which you can earn an SREC for each megawatt hour (MWh) of electricity your panels generate. You can then sell these SRECs for cash! Just another way you profit off switching to clean solar energy.
Ohio Interest Rate Reductions on Loans for Energy Efficient Upgrades
The Energy Conservation for Ohioans program provides another incentive for homeowners who complete energy-efficient upgrades or install renewable energy products. This incentive is a reduced interest rate on qualifying loans and is up to 3% interest rate reduction on bank loans for up to seven years.
Ohio Property Tax Exemption
Home improvements or additions to your home may often raise the amount of property tax on your home. But in certain cites in Ohio like Cleveland and Cincinnati, solar panels are completely property tax exempt. That means all the value without having to pay additional property taxes for the solar panels installed on your home.
Ohio Solar Sales Tax Exemption
The good news about purchasing solar panels in Oho is that solar equipment is exempt from sales tax in the state of Ohio. That means you have the opportunity to raise the value of your property and switch to clean energy with a 5.75% savings.
Ohio Solar Panels Increase Home Value
Not only do solar panels save you money, they also add value to your home.
Even the experts agree! In a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), they found out having solar panels installed to your home helps sell your home faster and get more money for it!
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. So if you saved $200 a month on your electric bill with solar panels, you’d have an additional $4,000 of value added to your home.
And again in 2015 the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory confirmed these findings with another study on the real estate market. After analyzing 22,000 homes, they found that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
In addition, solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.
How to choose the best solar companies in Ohio
Choosing a solar contractor for your area can be intimidating, which is why it’s helpful to remember the three most important tips when choosing a solar panel company.
- Make sure the company you’re choosing has warranties in place. Not only on the labor, but products as well. That way you know you and your investment are protected in the years to come.
- Read reviews about the company you’re choosing. While you’ll see a bad review here and there (just the nature of open reviews), make sure a large majority of the reviews aren’t negative and stating the same problems over and over. That’s a clear indicator of a company to stay clear of, no matter how well known their name is.
- Choose a reputable company that’s been in the game for awhile. Again, this way you are sure to protect your investment with a company that will continue to be there for you in the years to come.
Trusted Ohio Solar Installer: Sunpro Solar
Since 2008, Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Solar Panel Quote for Ohio Residents
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options. We install solar panels in Cincinnati and across the state of Ohio. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free solar quotes for your particular needs.
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Seriously excellent service from start to finish! the warranty is an excellent 25 years 🙂 and savings on my electric bill is Amazing!!
– Nancy D, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐