Solar Panels West Virginia
West Virginia, the Mountain State, is filled with beautiful state resources suitable for all kinds of outdoor activities including hiking, skiing, whitewater rafting and more. Keeping the mountains clean and thriving is something that’s important to West Virginians, which is why more than ever homeowners are considering solar power instead of fossil fuels of the past. On top of helping the environment, you’ll also save money on your electric bills and take control of your home’s energy with solar panels in West Virginia.
Sunpro Solar is the West Virginia solar company of choice for residents who want to help keep West Virginia beautiful and take control of their home energy.
West Virginia is a great state to consider the switch to solar power. In fact, West Virginia is projected to add 277 MW of solar to its renewable portfolio over the next 5 years. Even better, solar pricing in West Virginia has dropped 45%, which means that now is the best time to consider switching to solar in West Virginia (SEIA).
Solar Companies in West Virginia
Sunpro Solar provides affordable solar panels, solar power systems, and rooftop solar panel installations in West Virginia. Let’s learn more about solar power savings in West Virginia.Free Solar Quote
Is solar power worth it in West Virginia?
Solar power is worth the investment, pretty much no matter where you live, but West Virginia is a great place to go solar for a lot of reasons. West Virginia gets a decent amount of sunlight and even on cloudy days and in snow, solar panels still work! Along with the incentives for going solar that are available right now, there’s no better time to go solar in West Virginia. Let’s look at all the reasons.
- Decreasing Costs – The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly. Solar panels have fallen in price by more than 80% in the last ten years, and the 26% federal tax credit and net metering in West Virginia make solar an excellent investment.
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity too! More efficient solar panels mean that each square foot of solar panel can produce even more solar power. This is extremely important for rooftop installations with limited space for solar panels.
- Improved Home Value – A solar panel system does more than lower or eliminate your electric bill, it is also an asset that increases your home’s value!
- Tax Credits – The federal government gives out a significant tax credit for those who install solar panels to their home. The rate is locked in at 26% until the end of 2022. After that, it will drop to 22%, then will become completely unavailable.
- Solar Powered Battery Storage – If you’re concerned about power outages, now is a great time to consider a solar battery backup as an add on to your solar energy system. Solar energy batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall or Enphase Encharge, will take any extra solar power your panels produce and store it for you to use later. So even when the sun goes down, your home can run on clean, green energy.
- Environmental Concerns – As concern about the environment grows, people are looking for ways to reduce their impact on their surroundings. You can decrease your carbon footprint while increasing self-sufficiency by installing solar panels on your home.
West Virginia Solar Incentives
West Virginia has a few solar incentives that really make switching to solar power worth it for homeowners. Make sure to talk to a professional about how these solar incentives can help you get solar panels installed affordably and easily. The experts at Sunpro Solar know how to do the calculations and work with you to reach your home energy goals with solar power. Let’s take a look at the incentives available in the state of West Virginia.
Federal Solar Tax Credit in West Virginia
West Virginia Net Metering
Home Value Increase
Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC) in West Virginia
If you’re going solar in West Virginia, there’s yet another giant cost-savings credit: the Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offered by the United States federal government. This federal tax credit is available to West Virginia homeowners and business owners and provides a 26% tax credit of the entire solar system cost, including a battery system.Free Solar Quote
West Virginia Net Metering Opportunities
Electricity consumption in West Virginia is 19.38% greater than the national average monthly consumption. This means solar is a great place for as well as programs like net metering for customers with solar power. When your solar panels produce more energy than you need, net metering makes it so the utility company will pay you for the extra energy — all at the retail rate of electricity. Net metering in West Virginia is a great incentive for those customers looking to add battery storage. Net metering is offered throughout West Virginia, depending on your utility provider.
Home Value Increase
Not only do solar panels save you money, they also add value to your home.
Even the experts agree! In a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), they found out having solar panels installed to your home helps sell your home faster and get more money for it!
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. So if you saved $200 a month on your electric bill with solar panels, you’d have an additional $4,000 of value added to your home.
And again in 2015 the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory confirmed these findings with another study on the real estate market. After analyzing 22,000 homes, they found that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
In addition, solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.Free Solar Quote
Solar Panel Installation: How to Choose a Solar Company in West Virginia
Choosing a solar contractor in your area can be intimidating, which is why it’s helpful to remember the three most important tips when choosing a solar panel company in West Virginia.
- Make sure the company you’re choosing has warranties in place. Not only on the labor, but products as well. That way you know you and your investment are protected in the years to come.
- Read reviews about the company you’re choosing. While you’ll see a bad review here and there (just the nature of open reviews), make sure a large majority of the reviews aren’t negative and stating the same problems over and over. That’s a clear indicator of a company to stay clear of, no matter how well known their name is.
- Choose a reputable company that’s been in the game for awhile. Again, this way you are sure to protect your investment with a company that will continue to be there for you in the years to come.
West Virginia Solar Installers: Sunpro Solar, Trusted Solar Company
Since 2008, Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Free Solar Panel Quote For West Virginia Residents
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options.
We install solar and roofs in the state of West Virginia. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free solar quotes for your particular needs.Free Solar Quote
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Dee & Kenneth R – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We are very pleased with our new solar system. Our representative could not have been more helpful and knowledgeable about the product and the process. He answered every text when we had questions even on the weekend. The installers were very professional! And very patient and understanding about our pets during install.
When our representative had to move out of state to help with a family matter I was a little worried. He was wonderful. But I contacted the office and they gave me all the info on our new representative. He has been just as helpful. Had a couple of issues which he took care of immediately! He also answers all my question in a very timely and efficient manner!
Oh by the way the system seems to be doing what it was designed to do. We love it!!