Installing solar panels on your home isn’t just a great way to save money on your electric bill every month. It’s also a wonderful way to raise the value of your home. According to a study last year, homes with installed solar panels sold for 4.1% more on average nationwide than homes without.
Installing a Solar Energy System is very economical. In fact, the average cost of solar panels per watt is just $2.99. That makes installing solar panels very affordable, especially considering the long-term savings.
- Installed solar panels substantially lower or zero out your monthly electric bill.
- Solar panels also have a lifetime of 25 years, and can last even longer, providing savings for decades. Companies like Sunpro Solar also offer a 25 Year Power Production Warranty.
- They produce renewable, clean energy every day, so you’re not completely dependent on the grid. The energy independence also helps reduce the amount of C02 released into the environment
- With net metering, your utility company will credit you for extra energy that your solar panel system sends to the grid. They may even send you a check for the credit amount.
Solar energy systems produce massive savings over their lifetime, and help protect you from ever-rising electric rates from utility companies. They help build equity in your home– not only will you get a little more for your home when it comes time to sell, but it will also sell quicker.
In fact, studies last year showed that homes with installed solar panels sold for 4.1% more on average nationwide compared to homes without solar panels.
- According to the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), homes with solar panels sold 20% faster than homes without. And when the value of the installed solar panels is bundled with the total cost of the home, most prospective buyers are happy to make that deal.
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories also did a study on this. They found that buyers are willing to pay an extra $12,000 to $15,000 for a home with an average sized solar array.
- And according to the U.S. Department of Energy, each additional $1 in utility bill savings can add a whole $20 to your home value. So if you saved $1,000 in one year, your home value would go up $20,000. That’s huge.
All this adds up to one fact: installing solar panels is a fantastic investment for your home. You’ll see big long term savings, and immediate added value. And if you act quickly, you’ll have access to the 30% federal solar tax credit to help you go solar. To learn more about installing solar panels, simply contact our Sunpro Solar experts. They’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about switching to clean, green solar energy!