Trusted Louisiana Solar Company: Sunpro Solar
Sunpro Solar is a professional solar panel installation company in Lousiana. We install both residential and commercial solar panels for homeowners and business owners. Our highly-trained solar specialists have installed thousands of solar panel systems all across the state of Louisiana. We are the fastest-growing solar company in the state, with expansions all across the nation.
In 2021, Solar Power World magazine ranked us as the 2nd largest residential solar installer in the nation, making us the largest residential solar installer in Louisiana. Our company headquarters are conveniently located in Mandeville, Louisiana.
Louisiana Solar Panels
Louisiana is an amazing state with so much to offer! From hunting and fishing, to rich history, unique cultural experiences, and that welcoming Southern charm, it’s no wonder that the state continues to grow and draws millions of visitors from around the world every year. On top of the stunning views and mouthwatering comfort foods, Louisiana is also a hot spot for solar power!
Solar power is the ideal way to not only preserve the beauty of Louisiana, but also lower or even eliminate your electric utility bill. By installing solar panels in your home, you can produce your own clean, efficient, and environmentally friendly solar energy. Homeowners across Louisiana have trusted Sunpro Solar for more than a decade for professional solar panel installations. Our solar specialists can provide the expertise and insight you need to make an informed decision on your solar energy system purchase.
Cost of Solar Panels in Louisiana
The cost of solar panels in Louisiana depends on various factors such as the size of your home, sunshine exposure, and average energy consumption. Therefore, it’s hard to offer an installation price tag that will be accurate for everybody’s situation. Fortunately, our solar sales specialists can give you an accurate solar estimate that fits your personal goals for free.Free Solar Estimate
Are Solar Panels Worth it in Louisiana?
- Environmental Concerns – As concern about the environment grows, people are looking for ways to reduce their impact on their surroundings. By installing solar panels in Louisiana to offset the power draw from the grid, thousands of people have decreased their carbon footprint while increasing their self-sufficiency!
- Decreasing Costs – The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly. If going green was not a big enough reason to make the switch to solar, then look no further than your monthly budget to see that going green will also save you a lot of green!
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity too! More efficient solar panels mean that each square foot of solar panel can produce even more solar power. This is extremely important for rooftop installations as rooftop area is limited and must be used as efficiently as possible. Combined with the longevity of solar systems that can last for decades, you will save money for countless years to come.
- Improved Home Value – A solar panel system does more than lower or eliminate your electric bill, it is also an asset that increases your Louisiana home’s value! Don’t worry about increased property taxes, because Louisiana has a property tax exemption for solar panel systems!
- Tax Credits – While the state of Louisiana no longer offers an incentive to install solar panels for power generation, the United States federal government does! Even with the phase out of the state incentive, investing in solar panels in Louisiana is still a smart financial decision!
Louisiana Solar Power Storage Batteries
Louisiana gets a surplus of sunshine, which is fantastic news for your home! Your solar panels will convert all that to clean, green energy- and sometimes it will produce more than your home even needs! There’s a terrific way to capture that extra energy and save it for later. Solar energy batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall or the Enphase Encharge, will take that extra Louisiana solar power and store it for you to use later. So even when the sun goes down, your home can run on clean, green energy. Not only will you be helping the environment even more when you do this, but you’ll also be able to increase your monthly savings even more!Start Saving Today
Louisiana Solar Incentives, Tax Credits, & Rebates
Most homeowners assume that installing a solar panel system is not worth the investment, however with solar incentives you can reduce the cost of your solar panel installation significantly. Here are just a few of the reasons homeowners like you are switching to solar in Louisiana:
Federal Tax Credit for Louisiana Solar Panels
The Solar Investment Tax Credit offered by the United States federal government is available to Louisiana home and business owners. Known as the federal solar tax credit, this incentive provides a 26% tax credit of the entire solar system cost! This is great for those who want to get solar panels in Louisiana.
To use this tax credit toward your solar installation, there isn’t a better time to act. When you decide to go solar in Louisiana, take advantage of the 26% tax credit through the end of 2022. The Solar Federal Tax Credit for homeowners with solar power will drop to 22% in 2023.
Louisiana Solar Power System Property Tax Exemption
Installing a rooftop solar panel system can drastically increase the value of your home by up to 20 times the total of your annual electricity bill. Fortunately, Louisiana does not include the value of a rooftop solar panel system in the taxable value of your home. In Louisiana, you can reap the benefits of improved home value without the burden of increased property taxes!
Does Louisiana have a Solar Tax Credit?
While the state of Louisiana previously offered a state solar tax credit for homeowners, it is sadly no longer available. Fortunately, Louisiana residents are still eligible to receive the generous 26% federal solar tax credit. The federal tax credit can help homeowners in Louisiana save over a quarter of the total cost of a solar panel installation.
Federal Tax Credit Eligibility for Louisiana Solar Homeowners
The Federal Government requires only a few simple things to be eligible for the Solar Investment Tax Credit.
- You Must be a Homeowner – Homeownership is required for the federal solar tax credit. One can take advantage of this credit even if with a mortgage!
- You Must be the Purchaser of the Solar Power System – Some solar installation companies will try to lease you a solar power system. Not only is the a poor investment choice, you do not get to take advantage of the huge federal tax credit!
That’s it! These are the only two requirements to be eligible for the solar investment tax credit. Sunpro Solar has helped thousands and thousands of homeowners take advantage of this federal tax credit with their full service installation of high efficiency solar panels!
Now is the Time to Install Louisiana Solar Panels!
What are you waiting for? Now is the time to reduce or eliminate your electric bill! Also, increase your home value, and reduce your environmental footprint with Sunpro Solar.
Why choose Sunpro Solar as your Louisiana solar company?
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Locally owned and operated in Mandeville, Louisiana
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement if needed
If you’d like to learn more about Sunpro Solar, contact our team of solar power specialists by calling today!Start Saving Today
Sunpro Solar is a proud member of: