Louisiana Solar Company
Sunpro Solar installs residential and commercial solar panels in Louisiana. Sunpro Solar, Louisiana solar company, has installed thousands of solar panel systems. We are the fastest growing solar company in the state. Our company headquarters are conveniently located in Mandeville, Louisiana.
Louisiana is an amazing state with so much to offer! From hunting and fishing, to rich history, unique cultural experiences, and that welcoming Southern charm, it’s no wonder that the state continues to grow and draws millions of visitors from around the world every year. On top of the stunning views and mouthwatering comfort foods, Louisiana is also a hot spot for solar power! Solar power is the ideal way to not only preserve the beauty of Louisiana, but also lower or even eliminate your electric utility bill! By partnering with a prestigious Louisiana solar company and getting solar panels in Louisiana, you can produce your own clean, efficient, and environmentally friendly solar power!
The Case for Solar Panels Louisiana
- Environmental Concerns – As concern about the environment grows, people are looking for ways to reduce their impact on their surroundings. By installing solar panels in Louisiana to offset power draw from the grid, thousands of people have decreased their carbon footprint while increasing their self-sufficiency!
- Decreasing Costs – The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly. If going green was not a big enough reason to make the switch to solar, then look no further than your monthly budget to see that going green will also save you a lot of green!
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity too! More efficient solar panels mean that each square foot of solar panel can produce even more solar power. This is extremely important for rooftop installations as rooftop area is limited and must be used as efficiently as possible. Combined with the longevity of solar systems that can last for decades, you will save money for countless years to come.
- Improved Home Value – A solar panel system does more than lower or eliminate your electric bill, it is also an asset that increases your Louisiana home’s value! Don’t worry about increased property taxes, because Louisiana has a property tax exemption for solar panel systems!
- Tax Credits – While the state of Louisiana no longer offers an incentive to install solar panels for power generation, the United States federal government does! Even with the phase out of the state incentive, investing in solar panels in Louisiana is still a smart financial decision!
Net Metering for Solar Panels in Louisiana
Besides amazing sunshine, Louisiana also has a statewide net metering policy for solar power generation. Net metering is a billing system that enables commercial and residential solar panel owners to sell back extra energy to the grid. On a sunny day, you can create more power than you are currently using. When that happens, your meter will actually run backwards. When your electric bill is calculated, you only pay for your net consumption of electricity. Solar power producers generate electricity on a daily cycle with peak production in the early afternoon and negligible production at night. On the other hand, consumptions patterns do not necessarily track exactly the same way.
Louisiana Solar Power System Property Tax Exemption
Installing a rooftop solar panel system can drastically increase the value of your home by up to 20 times the total of your annual electricity bill. Fortunately, Louisiana does not include the value of a rooftop solar panel system in the taxable value of your home. In Louisiana, you can reap the benefits of improved home value without the burden of increased property taxes!
Louisiana Solar State Tax Credit
The state no longer offers any tax credit or tax incentive specifically for solar panels in Louisiana. The state tax credit ran for 8 years, but is no longer available. Even so, Louisiana residents are still eligible for the federal solar tax credit!Start Saving Today
Federal Tax Credit for having Solar Panels in Louisiana
The Solar Investment Tax Credit offered by the United States federal government, is available to Louisiana home and business owners. Known as the federal solar tax credit, this incentive provides a 30% tax credit of the entire solar system cost! This is great for those who want to get solar panels in Louisiana.
To take advantage of this tax credit, you need to act fast! The federal solar tax credit begins fading out starting in 2020 as the credit drops to 26%. In 2021, the credit drops again to 22% of the total solar power cost. From 2022 onward, no federal tax credit will be available to homeowners and a smaller 10% credit will still be offered for commercial solar power systems.
Federal Tax Credit Eligibility for Louisiana Solar Homeowners
The Federal Government requires only a few simple things to be eligible for the Solar Investment Tax Credit.
- You Must be a Homeowner – Homeownership is required for the federal solar tax credit. One can take advantage of this credit even if with a mortgage!
- You Must be the Purchaser of the Solar Power System – Some solar installation companies will try to lease you a solar power system. Not only is the a poor investment choice, you do not get to take advantage of the huge federal tax credit!
That’s it! These are the only two requirements to be eligible for the solar investment tax credit. Sunpro Solar has helped thousands and thousands of homeowners take advantage of this federal tax credit with their full service installation of high efficiency solar panels!
Now is the Time to Install Louisiana Solar Panels!
What are you waiting for? Now is the time to reduce or eliminate your electric bill! Also, increase your home value, and reduce your environmental footprint with Sunpro Solar.
Why choose Sunpro Solar as your preferred Louisiana solar company?
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- Locally owned and operated in Mandeville, Louisiana
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement if needed
If you’d like to learn more about Sunpro Solar, contact our team of solar power specialists by calling today!
Sunpro Solar is a proud member of: